Thu | Aug 17, 2017

CRICKET: Pollard vows to return with a bang

Published:Thursday | February 12, 2015 | 2:16 PM

West Indies all-rounder Kieron Pollard has vowed to return with a vengeance following his omission from the West Indies team for this month’s International Cricket Council World Cup.



The selectors’ decision to exclude Pollard and his Trinidad and Tobago teammate Dwayne Bravo from the regional squad has been a subject of raging controversy in the cricket world.



However, Pollard says his omission from the squad for cricket’s biggest showpiece does not signal the end of his career.



He says despite his omission, he is definitely not thinking that his international career is over.



According to Pollard, the break will help him to stay fresh as he has been on the road for a very long time.



Pollard and Bravo were members of the West Indies team, which participated in the aborted tour of India late last year over a pay dispute.



They were said to be the leading players behind the strike and their axing was described as vengeance by former West Indian pacer Michael Holding.