Caribbean stock market summary
In Thursday 's trading session the following reflect the movement of the JSE Indices:
- The JSE Combined Index advanced by 3,447.46 points (0.95 %) to close at 367,798.86.
- The JSE Index advanced by 3,523.47 points (0.98 %) to close at 361,252.13.
- The JSE All Jamaican Composite Index advanced by 3,867.21 points (0.98 %) to close at 396,495.35.
- The JSE Select Index advanced by 137.01 points (1.45 %) to close at 9,599.98.
- The Junior Market Index advanced by 19.20 points (0.59 %) to close at 3,271.63.
- The JSE USD Equities Index advanced by 1.05 points (0.66 %) to close at 159.87.
Overall Market activity resulted from trading in 53 stocks of which 26 advanced, 16 declined and 11 traded firm.
Market volume amounted to 6,720,061 units valued at over $229,748,074.30. Panjam Investment Limited was the volume leader with 2,381,110 units (35.43%) followed by Sygnus Credit Investments Limited JMD with 1,035,523 units (15.41%) and Seprod Limited with 591,309 units (8.80%).
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO:
In Thursday's trading session the following reflect the movement of the TTSE Indices:
- The Composite Index declined by 2.31 points (0.19%) to close at 1,238.50.
- The All T&T Index declined by 3.07 points (0.18%) to close at 1,697.76.
- The Cross Listed Index declined by 0.21 points (0.20%) to close at 104.88.
- The SME Index remained at 100.00 points.
Overall Market activity resulted from trading in 13 securities of which 3 advanced, 6 declined and 4 traded firm.
Trading activity on the First Tier Market registered a volume of 115,812 shares crossing the floor of the Exchange valued at TT$1,194,111.92. JMMB Group Limited was the volume leader with 56,500 shares changing hands for a value of TT$98,875.00, followed by Guardian Holdings Limited with a volume of 28,500 shares being traded for TT$513,150.00. NCB Financial Group Limited contributed 22,155 shares with a value of TT$145,062.55, while Trinidad And Tobago NGL Limited added 2,600 shares valued at TT$76,280.02.
Clico Investment Fund registered the day's largest gain, increasing TT$0.14 to end the day at TT$20.14. Conversely, The West Indian Tobacco Company Limited registered the day's largest decline, falling TT$0.51 to close at TT$95.00.
On the Mutual Fund Market 49,380 shares changed hands for a value of TT$992,459.00. Clico Investment Fund was the most active security, with a volume of 48,900 shares valued at TT$984,851.00. Clico Investment Fund advanced by TT$0.14 to end at TT$20.14. Calypso Macro Index Fund remained at TT$15.85. Fortress Caribbean Property Fund Limited SCC — Development Fund remained at TT$0.67. Fortress Caribbean Property Fund Limited SCC — Value Fund remained at TT$1.70. Praetorian Property Mutual Fund remained at TT$3.05.
The Second Tier Market did not witness any activity. Mora Ven Holdings Limited remained at TT$14.49.
One security traded firm as 88 shares traded on the Regular Market of the Barbados Stock Exchange, with a total value of BDS$184.80. Sagicor Financial Corporation Limited was the sole security trading 88 shares at BDS$2.10.