Stock Market Report | 50 stocks advanced, 37 declined and 16 traded firm
The Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) combined index advanced today with an advance/decline ratio of 50/37.
The JSE Combined Index advanced by 129.07 points, or 0.03 per cent, to close at 379,670.69 points.
The JSE Main Market Index declined by 225.41 points, or 0.06 per cent, to close at 366,974.17 points; while the Junior Market Index advanced by 37.78 points, or 0.94 per cent, to close at 4,064.12 points. The JSE USD Equities Index declined by 0.40 points, or 0.20 per cent, to close at 194.73 points.
Overall market activity
- 103 stocks traded
- 50 advanced
- 37 declined
- 16 traded firm
- Main Event, up 24.42 per cent to close at $8.00
- PBS (9.75 per cent CR), up 15.75 per cent to close at $126.17
- Medical Disposables, up 15.32 per cent to close at $7.00
- Salada Foods, up 14.75 per cent to close at $5.29
- Edufocal, up 12.29 per cent to close at $2.65
- Sygnus Real Estate ($US), down 14.64 per cent to close at $0.11
- Stanley Motta, down 9.09 per cent to close at $5.00
- SSL Ventures, down 8.06 per cent to close at $3.65
- Berger Paints, down 13.49 per cent to close at $9.11
- Ciboney Group, down 5.97 per cent to close at $0.63
- 9.091 million units valued at over $44.346 million.
- Volume leaders were Wigton Windfarm, followed by Edufocal and FESCO.
Follow The Gleaner on Twitter and Instagram @JamaicaGleaner and on Facebook @GleanerJamaica. Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.