Stocks Round Up | Sygnus Credit Investments USD today's top performer
The Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) Combined Index closed on Thursday, reversing some of the recent losses.
Moderate trading ended with an advance/decline ratio of 36/47.
The JSE Combined Index advanced by 2,508.68 points, or 0.68 per cent, to close at 371,553.67.
The JSE Main Market Index advanced by 2,003.26 points, or 0.56 per cent, to close at 357,015.40, while the Junior Market Index advanced by 70.28 points, or 1.7068 per cent, to close at 4,196.47.
The JSE USD Equities Index advanced by 4.42 points, or 2.04 per cent, to close at 221.26.
Overall market activity
- 104 stocks traded
- 36 advanced
- 47 declined
- 21 traded firm
- Sygnus Credit Investments (USD), up 22.09 per cent to close at US$0.11.
- Sygnus Real Estate Finance USD, up 15.25 per cent to close at US$0.12.
- Cargo Handlers, up 15.00 per cent to close at $13.34.
- JMMB Group 7.25%, up 14.86 per cent to close at $3.17.
- Lasco Mfg, up 11.69 per cent to close at $4.49.
- Eppley 7.50% Prefs due 2024, down 14.97per cent closing at $6.42.
- First Rock Real Estate Inv, down 7.24 per cent to close a $11.78.
- Purity, down 6.25 per cent closing at $2.55
- Mayberry Jamaican Equities, down 5.02 per cent to close at $12.50.
- JMMB Group 7.35% Cumul Redeem Prefs, down 3.90 per cent to close at $2.96.
21.44 million units valued at over $149.73 million.
Volume leaders were: FosRich, followed by Transjamaican Highway and Spur Tree Spices .
Follow The Gleaner on Twitter and Instagram @JamaicaGleaner and on Facebook @GleanerJamaica. Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.