Stocks Round Up | Cargo Handlers the biggest winner today
The Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) Combined Index was down marginally Thursday.
Heavy and busy trading ended with an advance/decline ratio of 50/45
The JSE Combined Index advanced by 3,166.88 points or, 0.90 per cent, to close at 354,008.38.
The JSE Main Market Index advanced by 3,125.71 points or, 0.92 per cent, to close at 341,432.65, while the Junior Market Index advanced by 27.24 points or, 0.71 per cent, to close at 3,867.28.
The JSE USD Equities Index advanced by 4.81 points or, 2.13 per cent, to close at 230.15.
Overall market activity
- 106 stocks traded
- 50 advanced
- 45 declined
- 11 traded firm
- Cargo Handlers, up 23.32 per cent to close at $12.28.
- Eppley Ltd 7.25% Prefs, up 17.52 per cent to close at $19.99
- Eppley Ltd, up 15.01 per cent to close at $37.00.
- Portland JSX, up 12.07 per cent to close at $10.49.
- Sterling Investments, up 12.02 per cent to close at $2.89
- JMMB Group Ltd 7.25 %, down 15.11 per cent closing at $2.81
- Purity, down 8.59 per cent closing at $1.81
- Lasco Financial, down 7.95 per cent to close at $2.78.
- First Rock Real Estate Investments, down 7.41 per cent to close a $12.50.
- Jamaica Producers, down 7.17 per cent to close at $15.15.
252.62 million units valued at over $539.64 million.
Volume leaders were: Radio Jamaica, followed by Wigton and Fontana.
Follow The Gleaner on Twitter and Instagram @JamaicaGleaner and on Facebook @GleanerJamaica. Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.