PHOTO FLASHBACK: The Reo Theatre
This motion picture theatre was opened on January 17, 1951. Located in Old Harbour St. Catherine, it was owned by Mr. Stanley Vaz. A modernistic, open-air structure, the Reo had ample covering on the wings in case of rain, a seating capacity of 500, and ample parking space for vehicles. It was designed and built by Messrs. Barber and Scovell, contractors of Kingston.