Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with a Spicy Jack-Passion Margarita
It’s Cinco De Mayo, which is the perfect time to enjoy a margarita. This cocktail combines unique Jamaican flavours with spicy pizzaz in a glass. From the first sip, your taste buds will be enveloped with a tantalising combination of savoury, spicy and sweet goodness with a zing. The Spicy Jack-Passion Margarita signifies authentic Caribbean taste complimented with Cointreau that makes for a great margarita. Cheers!
• 2 ounces tequila
• 1 ounce Cointreau
• 3/4 ounce lime juice
• 1 ounce jackfruit & passionfruit syrup (home-made)
• 3-4 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters
• Rim with cayenne-mixed salt or sugar (optional)
Home-made Jack-Passion Syrup
Add pulp of chopped, ripe jackfruit pulp and passion fruit to a sauce pan with equal parts sugar and water. Bring to a boil (constantly stirring to avoid contents burning). Maintain low heat for a thicker, syrupy consistency.
• Add lime juice, jackfruit-passion fruit syrup, Cointreau and tequila to a shaker then fill with ice.
• Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
• Rim chilled margarita glass in cayenne salt or sugar mix.
• Add fresh ice to glass then pour. Add dashes of orange bitters. Garnish with jackfruit pulp and fresh lime wheel.