CanEx Business Conference, Expo and Festival to explore the future of ganja in Jamaica
The legal cannabis industry represents one of the great potential opportunities today. All across the globe this industry has taken shape with medical cannabis leading the way in terms of both function and economic impact. Jamaica, with its rich history and established expertise in the growing and cultivating of these plants, possess a unique opportunity to become a global player.
CanEx Jamaica and High Vibes Roots & Reggae Festival will take place from September 2-4 in Montego Bay, St James at the Convention Center and the Aqueduct. This high profile business conference and reggae festival is the first of its kind in Jamaica and will feature high-level content on the latest advances on the regulatory, legal, investment and medical cannabis landscape and has been endorsed by a number of respected individuals and organisations including the National Commission on Science & Technology (NCST) and the Montego Bay Chamber of Commerce.
In addition to first-hand insight into the most cutting-edge case studies and market innovations, there will be unrivalled networking opportunities between the movers, shakers and decision makers shaping the global cannabis industry. The event comes at a pivotal time in Jamaica with legalisation soon on the horizon.
The conference will bring together high level professionals from across the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and North America to discuss opportunities for investment, medical developments and the legal landscape. While the festival will feature a blend of Reggae’s best.
CanEx Jamaica will facilitate a mix of global experts from Israel, Denmark, the United States and Canada with real-life application in the industry. The conference will also feature presentations by Jamaican experts, policymakers, researchers and business people.
The CanEx Jamaica speakers and panelists will speak on three key tracts outlining the medicinal, legal and financial future of the industry. We have secured over 20 speakers and panelists to participate at the event.
Some of the speakers and panelists include:
* Boaz Wachtel – Co-Strategist Israel’s Medical Cannabis Program
* Edmund Bartlett – Minister of Tourism for Jamaica
* Mike Henry – Minister of Transportation and Mining for Jamaica
* Dr. Yasmin Hurd – Director of Center for Addictive Disporders – Mount Sinai
* Lance Johnston – formed NFL player who now specialises in Cannabis based pain management solutions
* Professor Aseem Sappal – Dean Oaksterdam University
* Courtney Betty – President and chief executive officer of Timeless Herbalcare
* Tamar Todd – Legal Director, Drug Policy Alliance
* Dr. Kathy-Ann Brown – Deputy Solicitor General Jamaica
* Delano Seivright – Director Cannabis Licensing Authority and Special Advisor to Ministry of Tourism for Jamaica
* Adam Orens – Founder, Marijuana Policy Group
Delegate passes for the Conference and Expo are US$249 and are available for purchase at www.canexjamaica.com and at Fontana Pharmacy. Each delegate pass includes a non-transferable entry for the High Vibes music festival taking place Saturday, September 3.