Gov't approves increases in concession for MPs and councillors
The Government has increased the upper limits of the cost, insurance, and freight (CIF), as well as the 20 per cent concession to various categories of public officials.
Information Minister Ruel Reid made the announcement yesterday during a post-Cabinet press briefing at Jamaica House.
Reid told journalists that Cabinet approved an amendment to the Revised Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Policy, which gives effect to the increases.
Public officials to benefit include:
- Prime minister - US$60,000
- Cabinet ministers and president of the Senate - US$55,000
- Attorney general - US$55,000
- Municipal councillors and other public officials - US$45,000
There is also an increase in the 20 per cent concession upper limit for:
- Former prime ministers - US$60,000 CIF
- The leader of the Opposition - US$55,000 CIF
- Speaker of the House of Representatives - US$55,000 CIF
- Members of Parliament - US$50,000 CIF