Tue | Sep 27, 2022

Another bloody day in Clarendon - 12-year-old killed

Published:Thursday | August 31, 2017 | 5:27 PM

The carnage in Clarendon continued yesterday with the killing of four persons.

In the morning, the police were called to a crime scene on Sharpe Avenue in the vicinity of the country club, May Pen, where the body of an unidentified male, believed to be in his late 20s, was discovered. Reports are that loud explosions were heard at 8:45 Tuesday night, and the body was stumbled upon the following day.

The police found the body lying face down with hands tied behind the back. Up to press time, it was yet to be identified.

Later on, at approximately 8 p.m., 26-year-old tailor Ricardo James, aka Ricky Trooper, was shot and killed by a lone gunman on Young Street in Lionel Town. Reports are that James was sitting on a veranda sewing when a gunman approached him from the rear of the house and shot him in the head and neck before escaping on foot.

James was pronounced dead at the Lionel Town Hospital.


The killing spree continued in Gimmi-Me-Bit, where 12-year-old Kemarie Miles, a student of Kitson Town in St Catherine, was killed by a lone gunman.

Information gleaned is that Miles was travelling on a truck heading to Knockpatrick, Manchester, when he asked the driver to stop to allow him to relieve himself.

While the youngster was in the process of urinating, a lone gunman came from nearby bushes and opened fire at him, hitting him in the head. He was taken to the May Pen Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The police suspect that the boy might have been killed because he was in the path of a criminal.

Chatteau Royal, Swansea, was the scene of another murder in the parish, when, at approximately 9:50 p.m., Phillip Thomas, aka Roderick, a 57-year-old gardener of James Hill, was shot and killed by unknown assailants.

Reports are that Thomas was sitting with a female on a platform when six men, three of them armed, pounced upon them. The men robbed his companion of her two cell phones and a ring valued at about $61,000 before opening fire, hitting Thomas in the head.