Challenge yourself this International Women’s Day
THE EDITOR, Madam:
As chair for the IEEE women in engineering affinity group in Jamaica, I join the global celebration of women on this special International Women’s Day. I salute all women in Jamaica and globally. Through the International Women’s Day theme ‘Choose To Challenge’, I would like to reach out to professionals, parents and students to choose to challenge yourselves on this very special day.
As a professional:
• To take on high-level leadership roles within your organisation without fear.
• To remove negative labels that have been placed on your leadership. Ride above the odds and grow professionally.
• As a professional, to motivate and coach young professionals to grow professionally.
As a parent:
• To speak positively to your children.
• To always challenge your children to not be afraid to take on challenges.
• To always your children to work hard at every task.
As a student:
• To choose careers within the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) field of study without fear.
• To prove those wrong who speak negative about your worth.
• To work hard at any task and you will receive excellent results.
• To stay positive each day.
Happy International Women’s Day.
Chair, Women in Engineering (WIE) Jamaica