6 cutting-edge additions for your home
There is no stopping the advanced technological wizardry that seeks to improve our lives. No longer are they confined to the horizons of tomorrow. Unbelievably, they are available now in today’s homes — cutting-edge products making the seemingly impossible become possible.
1. Futuristic appliances can enrich the culinary experience. Consider adding a cooking range with many state-of-the-art features and capabilities, including a built-in camera in its oven so that you can monitor your baking from literally any place you choose via apps on your phone.
2. A smart kitchen and bathroom sink facet is touchless and voice and motion-sensor activated. It is turned on and off simply by the sound of your voice asking it to, or just by the casual movement of your hand. It also conserves water.
3. Luminosity just got more intense. Tell the light bulb in the ceiling to turn itself on and off as you command, and astonishingly, it will recognise your voice and immediately obey! Forget the ‘old-time’ light switch on the wall. This bulb works with your Wi-Fi and Google Assistant, allowing a staggering number of 16,000 colours.
4. The dishwasher was invented 160 years ago. Today, there’s a cleaner that revolutionises dishwashing uses ultrasonic waves to clean dishes by ionising food particles. This is the process by which electrically neutral atoms or molecules are connected to electrically charged atoms or molecules. The unfinished food on the plate is converted into recyclable fertiliser for plants.
5. Some of us are aware that automated robots have been invented to do some domestic work — travelling throughout the house, cleaning floors only. But what is not widely known is that roboticists have created a robot that can fully clean your home and serve your guests drinks. All are activated by voice command. This artificial intelligence (AI) enters American homes this year.
6. You will spend seven years of your entire life in the bathroom! So do make yourself comfortable. Purified warm–water jets remove waste and wash you thoroughly. Warm–water jets with adjustable airspeed and temperature dries you. Electronic, personal hygiene seats with odour control are available to fit most toilets. These are antibacterial, with film on the seats changing automatically after each use and come with front and rear wash modes with self–cleaning nozzles and purified warm-water jets with adjustable airspeed and temperature control to dry you and give you a perfect hands-free alternative to toilet paper. There are various temperature-control settings, with a heated seat incorporating LED fittings that shed light on the toilet bowl throughout the night. All this is available at the touch of a button via remote control, and is available in Jamaica for about $125,000. Fewer features will afford you a cheaper priced one.