Clarendon man in Facebook video charged with rape, abduction
The man who was last week arrested by detectives from the Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse in relation to a video that was posted Facebook has been charged.
The Clarendon resident has been charged with rape and abduction.
Assistant Commissioner of Police, Ealan Powell says the man was charged on Friday, the same day he was taken into custody and questioned in the presence of his attorney.
He is scheduled to appear before the Old Harbour Magistrate's Court on November 27.
ACP Powell says investigators are also looking to charge him under the Cybercrimes Act in relation to the posting of the video.
The adult female victim has been located and questioned.
The investigation being conducted by the Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse, was triggered after the video surfaced on Facebook last Tuesday.
In the video, the girl calling the name of the male several times, was heard begging the man to stop on several occasions.
Facebook posts from a page bearing the name of the man sought to explain that the video was published out of anger.
He rejected accusations of rape.