OCG question-and-answer session with NERHA's chairman delayed
The interview session between the Office of the Contractor General (OCG) and the chairman of the North East Regional Health Authority (NERA), Tyrone Robinson, in relation to the controversial $600 million de-bushing probe has been pushed back.
Contractor General Dirk Harrison says yesterday's scheduled question and answer meeting did not take place because Robinson's lawyer, Xavier Mayne said the notice given was too short.
Harrison says the plan is to have the interview next week.
On Tuesday, Harrison made a public appeal for Robinson to make himself available so that a summons can be served on him to appear before OCG investigators probing the matter.
He said his office had tried unsuccessfully for two weeks to locate Robinson.
However, the chairman of the state agency has hit back saying the OCG has been delinquent in contacting him.
Robinson says he did not hear from the OCG for four months.
The contractor general wants to question Robinson about contracts he received under the de-bushing programme.
The OCG started a probe into the de-bushing programme late last year after it developed into a political issue because the Government launched it 10 days before last November's local government elections.