Police announce operating hours for western businesses under SOE
The police are advising residents and business operators in St James, Westmoreland and Hanover that in light of the declaration of the State of Public Emergency, the following closing times now apply:
* Clubs and fast food restaurants – from 6:00 a.m. until 12:00 a.m.
* Every place required by law to operate under a tavern licence – from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
* Petroleum filling stations – from 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
* Supermarkets, grocery shops, harberdasheries, cook shops and any other place offering goods for sale –from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
* Pharmacies – From 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
* Any other public place, except a tourism enterprise, or a tourism accommodation as defined in the Tourist Board Act, –from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
Persons are being asked to comply fully with the new stipulations as the security forces partner with residents to create safer communities.