Boyz enter one-week camp today
Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) General Secretary Dalton Wint says nothing will be left to chance and the Reggae Boyz will adhere to strict protocols in their training camp as they get ready to face the United States of America later this month....
Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) General Secretary Dalton Wint says nothing will be left to chance and the Reggae Boyz will adhere to strict protocols in their training camp as they get ready to face the United States of America later this month.
The JFF received approval from the Government for a one-week camp at The University of the West Indies/JFF/Captain Horace Burrell Centre of Excellence at the Mona campus in preparation for the game that will be played in Austria on March 25.
The Ministry of Sport ordered the immediate shutdown of a training camp being hosted by the JFF at the same venue last month.
“Everybody will have to return a negative COVID-19 test before they can enter the camp,” Wint said. “They will be tested and the results will come in today (Monday) because we will be following the strict protocols provided by the ministries. We are not leaving anything to chance because this COVID-19 pandemic virus is very dangerous.”
Wint said that the entire facility has been sanitised and there will be continuous sanitisation at regular intervals during the course of the camp.
ADJUST TO NEW NORM
“We have put in all the different requirements for some time and the inspection has been done, and it is just for us adjust to this new norm,” he said.
“We will observe all that is required of us. There will be sanitation around the clock, there will be mask wearing, and we will be adhering to the strict protocols that have been established,” he said.
Wint said that the camp forms a critical part of the team’s preparation for the match because the technical staff will have the chance to work with some of the local-based players ahead of the game.