Arnett, Village fight out draw
Arnett Gardens led twice, but could not hold on to their advantage as home team Village United recovered to earn a 2-2 draw, in their Digicel Premier League match at Elleston Wakeland Community Centre in Falmouth.
Kevin Wilson, a perennial top goal-getter for the Junglists, netted for the Kingston team to first take the lead at the 13th minute when he converted a penalty.
But Village United fought back and equalised at the 32nd minute when Dino Williams scored.
Former Village United player, Newton Sterling, who has been a key scorer for Arnett Gardens since his return in the transfer market gave the Corporate Area team the lead for the second time by converting a cross from Wilson.
However, with both teams involved in the big dogfight for a top-six spot, as well as saving relegation, Village showed true grit and determination as they rallied once again to grab an equaliser, which came by way of a penalty, following a handball in the 18-yard box.
Troy Smith converted the all-important goal at the 69th minute in a game that was affected in a big way by very strong winds.
Village remained seventh on 37 points, the same number of points as sixth-place Rivoli. Arnett are eighth on 35 points, the same as Humble Lion.
Next matches, Wednesday, March 31.
- Tivoli Gardens vs Rivoli United at Edward Seaga Sports Complex at 5 p.m.
- Portmore United vs St. Georges at Ferdie Neita Park at 7:30 p.m.
- Village United vs Harbour View at Elleston Wakeland Centre at 3:30 p.m.
- Sporting Central Academy vs Boys' Town at Brancourt at 3:30 p.m.
- Humble Lion vs Arnett Gardens at Effortville Community Centre at 3:30 p.m.
- Waterhouse vs August Town at Waterhouse Mini Stadium at 3:30 p.m.