NEW PRODUCT - National Healthy Start Raisins, Oats and Cinnamon Bread
Continental Baking Company (CBC) has recognised the need for people to eat healthy while enjoying a delicious treat. With this in mind, CBC has introduced the newest addition to its Healthy Start Line, the Raisins, Oats & Cinnamon Bread. This scrumptious breakfast bread has a combination of bran, granola, oats, raisins and cinnamon, which are all scientifically proven to enhance health.
- Health Benefits of Raisins
Constipation: When ingested, raisins swell as the fibre present in them in dried form absorbs water. This helps to relieve constipation.
Acidosis: This is a state of increased acidity of the blood or of the gases in our respiratory system. This is very harmful for the body, as it may give rise to a number of problems like boils, skin diseases and damage to the internal organs, arthritis, gout, renal calculi, hair loss, heart disease, tumours and even cancer. Raisins are a good source of potassium and magnesium (two of the most popular constituents of antacids), both of which are very effective in reducing acidity. They neutralise the acids and thus prevent acidosis.
Anaemia: Raisins contain a considerable amount of iron which directly helps to treat anaemia. They also contain many members of the vitamin B complex group which are essential for formation of blood. Copper present in raisins also helps with the formation of red blood cells.
Sexual weakness: Raisins are known to stimulate libido (sex drive) and induce arousal, primarily because of the presence of an amino acid called arginine, which is beneficial in treating erectile dysfunction. This effect is aided with the presence of a lot of energy in raisins.
Bone health/dental care: Raisins are rich in calcium (the main constituent of bones), and are one of the best sources of boron, a micronutrient (a nutrient required by the body in very small amounts) which is necessary for proper bone formation and absorption of calcium. Boron is particularly helpful in preventing osteoporosis (weak bones) induced by menopause in women and is very beneficial for bones and joints.
Calcium is also very good for promoting dental heath, as it prevents breaking or peeling away of teeth and enamel and makes them strong. Raisins also contain oleanolic acid which prevents the growth of bacteria, cavities, tooth decay, brittleness of teeth, etc. In addition to the above, boron present in raisins plays a very important role in checking growth of germs in the mouth as well as promotes health of bones and teeth.
High in antioxidants: Raisins are ranked among the top antioxidant foods. Antioxidants protect cells and their components from oxidative damage - a little like 'rust protection' for the body.
As seen above, this new loaf is packed with all the nutrients you need to start the day. The finished product is a delicious wholegrain wheat bread studded with raisins, oats and sweet-smelling cinnamon to offer a nutritious start to your day. It can be enjoyed crisp from the toaster or straight from the bag.
- WholeGrain Oats (Granola Oats)
- Low in fats
- No cholesterol
- Help to remove cholesterol
- Heart healthy
- WholeGrain Wheat Flour
- Good for nutrition and digestion
Adds fibre to your diet
- Cinnamon & Raisins
Both are filled with antioxidants and natural sugars
The bread has a shelf life of five days and weighs 680g. It retails for $250 and wholesales for $200.
Some very hard-to-please members of The Gleaner's editorial department sampled the new raisin, oat and cinnamon bread and had this to say.
- I enjoyed the bread. It was light and soft. I would buy it.
- That raisin bread was really good. May I have another slice, please?
- Doesn't even need anything like butter to eat with it.
- This is a bread lover's delight!
- I like the taste, recognised a little honey. Lovely flavour. I shall be looking for it in my supermarket.
- It's not really a raisin bread and it's not really a healthy wholegrain bread. National needs to make up its mind.
- It's lovely, very moist, not too sweet, and really nice. I like the fact that it's a healthy bread with all the good stuff, yet it's tasty.
- It's wonderful. I would buy it instead of white bread.
- I enjoy it and I love the raisins. It's not too sweet and it has a nice texture, makes me want more.
- I want more.
- It's a bit sweet for bread, but I like it. I would buy it occasionally as a treat.
- It's soft, doesn't need any accompaniment.
- I like the fact that it has oats.
- I am going out to get me a loaf. very nice.
- I could see myself forgetting my diet with this one.
- I will have to avoid buying this, except for special occasions.
- Does not need butter at all.
- National has outdone itself this time. Nice bread.
- I can't get enough of this one.
- It has raisins but it is nicer than the regular raisin bread.