Sexy Christmas ideas for couples
Heather Little-White, PhD, Contributor
The festive season is here and you are concerned about what to do with your spouse and what to buy to make Christmas different yet romantic.
Children often shy away from giving sexy gifts to their parents - as if Mom and Pop's sex life is dead - but they, like the spouses, should really think outside the box and give gifts that are naughty and nice to spark the couple's sex life. Sex is to be celebrated, especially in a monogamous relationship in which couples have grown together in the union. This provides the basis for selecting very personal gifts which would also fuel sexy activities over the holiday period. It is even more poignant if couples are experiencing the empty nest with children having grown and moved out.
Sexy Christmas for Two
If you are going to spend the holiday season with your loved one, this is an excellent chance to plan a romantic holiday, probably putting some sparkle back into your love life. The cool temperatures already set the stage for twinkling lights and soft carols as part of intimate, steamy evenings of passion.
Hotel 'nights out'
If you are tired of the home and the efforts it will take to create the magic of the season, you could spend one or two nights in a hotel with full service. With adequate notice, any hotel should be happy to set the stage for you. This is an opportunity for children to pool funds and send parents off to a nice resort with some sexy items in tow. They should take:
- Sexy lingerie and silk boxer shorts.
- Scented candles for mood creation.
- Music of choice to keep it light and easy (include a CD player).
- Aromatic oils so you can give each other long, sensual massages.
- Grapes or strawberries which you can feed each other as you soak in a bubble bath.
- Champagne for sipping as you enjoy the ambience
- Your gifts which you can open together and share.
If you are accustomed to trimming your tree, get a small one for both of you to enjoy. Decorate the tree together in a skimpy Christmas outfit and revert to the old practice of kissing under the mistletoe by hanging them around the house. Place all you gifts under the tree for opening on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
Home-made dinner for two
A graduate from my cooking course for 'men only', boasted that he used his culinary skills to prepare a sensual meal to mesmerise his wife last Christmas, their 10th wedding anniversary. He made plans for lobster dinner, used the rarely-used fine china and best silverware from the breakfront and made sure that his wife and son were busy helping his mother with last-minute baking. They agreed that their son would stay with Grandma that night as the couple would be going out to dinner. When she arrived home to get dressed, she was blown away by the surprise.
Drive out for the Christmas lights
Driving out could be reminiscent of your days of courting. Drive out and look at the Christmas lights and décor in residential and shopping areas, although scaled down this year. You may want to take a blanket and snuggle close in a safe place as you enjoy the lights (www.intimatewholesalers.com).
Whether you are at a hotel or at home, exchanging gifts is one of the best parts of Christmas. What gifts can you give for that sex appeal? Naughty gifts are ideal since both of you will be together and no one will see what you got each other.
- Breakfast in bed is always appreciated and starts foreplay of what is to come later. You can place one exciting gift at breakfast.
- Sexy robes are easy to slip on and off and they are nice to wrap in as you stroll about the house.
- You can buy sexy Christmas-themed outfits to wear for the rest of the day while you goof around.
- Sex games for lovers.
- Toys are toys, so adult sex toys should not be excluded. These can indulge your fantasies and add variety to your intimacy.
- Sexy books with a range of topics to suit him or her.
You can search sites online which would provide hundreds of topics you know your partner would like. Also, consider a book for lovers, focusing on how to spice up your love life. It does not have to be explicit or full of photos that make you uncomfortable. Couples can read passionate literature to each other as they may not want to go the mainstream route like watching X-rated movies. Why not give one another passionate books and read passages to one another? You can spice it up by acting out romantic scenes from the descriptive books and you will be able to learn from each other.
Stocking stuffers for her may include:
- A personal coupon for a one-hour massage.
- Gourmet chocolates.
- A gift certificate for her favourite restaurant.
- Bath products like bubble bath, shower gel and lush soap.
- Her favourite perfume or body spray.
- Bath toys for couples.
- A diamond bracelet, necklace, or ring or some other type of jewellery.
Stocking stuffers for him to cater to his fantasies and passions may include:
- Sexy lingerie for you, with a promise that you will model it for him later.
- A personal handmade coupon for his favourite sexual activity, to be performed on demand.
- A gift card to his favourite store, hobby shop, car-parts store, or whatever his interests are.
- His favourite fragrance.
- A life-size photo of you in a sexy outfit for the bedroom
(G-strings and high-heels are exciting).
- French tickler condoms to provide added stimulation (www.suite101.com).
Wrap it sexy
To make your gift sexy, use your imagination and wrap it in a sexy way. For creativity and recycling, you can create your own wrapping paper by using pages from a sexy magazine (www.suite101.com).
Christmas does not have to be boring for you and your lover. Be creative and get stores and gift shops to help you. Make this Christmas one your spouse will never forget by spicing it up with sexy gifts and activities this holiday season.
Send feedback/questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.