Sweet! Devon House ranked among best ice cream hot spots in the world
THE RECENTLY published National Geographic: Food Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 Extraordinary Places to Eat Around the Globe has listed Devon House as the fourth-best place in the world to eat ice cream.
The book noted the following: "Devon House is a masterpiece of Caribbean Victorian architecture and home to the island's most celebrated ice-cream stand.
"The 27 flavours run a broad gamut, from traditional cherry and pistachio to exotic island treats like mango, coconut, and soursop. There is even an offbeat, beer-based ice cream called Devon Stout. Grab a cone and recline in the sprawling gardens," the rave review of the Jamaican-based ice-cream parlour continued.
TOP 10 Places to eat Ice Cream
1. Capogiro Gelato, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2. Ted Drewes Frozen Custard, St Louis, Missouri
3. Bombay Ice Creamery, San Francisco, California
4. Devon House, Kingston, Jamaica
5. Helados Scannapieco, Buenos Aires, Argentina
6. Ice Cream City, Tokyo, Japan
7. Glacé, Sydney, Australia
8. A'jia Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey
9 Vaffelbageriet, Copenhagen, Denmark
10. Perchè No!, Florence, Italy