Flavia Gordon is our winner!
Our recipe of the week is Flavia Gordon's spin on classic stuffed baked fish. Here is her take: I usually stuff my fish with shrimp which I sauté with onions, garlic and a pinch of pepper and salt. Mix that with panko breadcrumbs and then stuff the fish.
Bake as you have directed in your recipe.
It is a delicious dish especially for a special occasion.
Try it, you'll like it!
We have reprinted the recipe below so you can try it using Gordon's stuffing.
1 fish (3-4 pounds) dressed
2 tsp blackpepper
2 tsp salt or to taste
3 cups soft breadcrumbs
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup diced celery
3 tbs margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (optional)
1. Sauté onions and celery in melted margarine until tender.
2. Add all other seasoning to breadcrumbs and blend.
3. Add seasoned breadcrumbs to cooked onion and celery and toss lightly.
4. Use mixture to stuff fish.
5. Fasten opening (toothpick can be used) and place on greased baking pan and brush with melted fat or oil.
6. Bake in a hot oven at 400F until done. Serve hot.
Have you added your special spin to an everyday meal to make it finger-licking good? Send us your spin on any other Jamaican dish and you could win one of our fabulous Eve baskets and have your recipe featured in our Recipe Of The Week! Send recipes to:firstname.lastname@example.org