OSTRAVA GOLDEN SPIKE MEET HIGHLIGHTS
(1) Jamaica's Veronica Campbell-Brown (centre) cruising home in the women's 200 metres in 22.38 seconds to beat American Bianca Knight (left), 22.85. Tiffany Townsend of the United States was third in 23.18 while Tsholofelo Selemela Thipe (right) of South Africa was fourth in 23.40. Another Jamaican, Sheri-Ann Brooks, was sixth in 23.57.
(2) American Wallace Spearmon (second right) winning the men's 200 metres in 20.14 seconds from Jamaica's Marvin Anderson (right), 20.41. Michael Mathieu of The Bahamas (not in photograph) was third in 20.45. Mario Forsythe (left) of Jamaica did not complete the event.
(3) American Sanya Richards-Ross completing victory in the women's 400m in 50.65 seconds. Great Britain's Christine Ohuruogu was second in 51.19 while Jamaica's Patricia Hall took third in 51.75.
(4) Britain's Tiffany Porter (left) clears a hurdle ahead of American LoLo Jones in the women's 100m hurdles. Porter won in 12.65 seconds from Priscilla Lopes-Schliep (Canada), 12.80, and Jones, 12.94. Jamaica's Delloreen Ennis-London was seventh in 13.50.
(5) Bulgaria's Vania Stambolova crosses a barrier in the women's 400m hurdles on her way to victory in 54.15 seconds. Zuzana Hejnova of the Czech Republic was second in 55.28 while Britain's Perri Shakes-Drayton was third in 55.82. American World champion Lashinda Demus was sixth in 57.43.
(6) Kenya's Pamela Jelimo (right) scoring a runaway victory in the women's 800 metres. Jelimo clocked 1:58.49 to finish ahead of South Africa's Caster Semenya (second left), 2:00.80, and Ethiopia's Fantu Magiso (second right), 2:01.03.
(7) South Africa's double amputee athlete Oscar Pistorius prepares to start in the men's 400m race at the Golden Spike Athletic meeting in Ostrava, Czech Republic, yesterday. Pistorius (47.66) finished eighth in the event won in 45.13 by American LaShawn Merritt.