The Best Dressed Jerk Coconut Chicken Spring Roll
Yield: 10 pieces
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1lb The Best Dresssed Chicken breast
1 stalk scallion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 sweet pepper, finely diced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
25ml coconut milk
2 ounce jerk seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
10 egg roll or spring roll skins
1 egg, beaten
1. Season The Best Dresssed Chicken breast carefully with the jerk seasoning and marinate with coconut milk, place on the heated grill.
2. Grill The Best Dresssed Chicken breast for 7 minutes or until fully browned.
3. Remove from heat and cool thoroughly. Cut the The Best Dressed Chicken breast into fine strips.
1. Lay an egg roll/spring roll skin on a table or counter with one of the corners towards you. Spoon about 1 1/2 ounce (42.5 grams) filling on to the lower half of the skin in a sort of sausage shape.
2. Fold the lower corner of the skin (the corner pointing at you) over the filling so it is covered. Then start to roll it up like a cylinder, giving it just a half turn.
3. Brush the left and right corners with a little beaten egg. Fold one corner over the filling, then the other, pressing down to seal. At this point, it should look like an open envelope.
4. Brush the top corner with beaten egg. Roll into a firm, compact cylinder. Seal the top corner well.
5. Repeat with the remaining skins and fillings.
6. Deep-fry the egg rolls/ spring rolls for one to two minutes or until the skins are crisp and brown. (Note: Egg roll skins are heavier than spring roll skins. They must be thoroughly fried or they will be doughy.) Drain and serve at once with your favourite sauce.