Tue | Aug 3, 2021

MOH workers back at work

Published:Tuesday | February 19, 2008 | 10:51 AM

Workers at the Ministry of Health and Environment’s head office at King Street in Kingston are expected to resume work this morning.



The office was closed yesterday, as a result of a fire on Saturday, which left the building without electricity.



The generators, an electrical cable tray, which feeds power to the upper floors of the building and the generator house, were destroyed.



Permanent Secretary in the Health Ministry, Dr. Grace Allen Young said only the generator room was affected by the fire.



Loss is estimated at more than $5 million, however the damaged equipment were not insured.