Fri | Jun 25, 2021

Soldiers in Keith Clarke murder case back in court today

Published:Monday | July 1, 2013 | 11:48 AM

Jerome Reynolds, Staff Reporter



The three soldiers charged with the murder of Kingston businessman Keith Clarke are to return to court today.




The matter is being heard in the Home Circuit Court.



The accused are Lance corporals Greg Tinglin and Odel Buckley and private Arnold Henry.



Keith Clarke was shot and killed by members of the security forces at his East Kirkland Heights home in St Andrew in May 2010 in the hunt for then fugitive Christopher Coke.



A post-mortem report showed that Clarke received more than 20 shots.

When the case was called up in February, attorney Linton Gordon said the defence would be retaining the services of an overseas-based expert to conduct more tests on the bullet fragments.



Gordon told the court that the results were ruled inconclusive after further tests were conducted on the fragments last year.



Linton explained that the defence needs to test a bullet fragment to determine if anyone other than the soldiers were using high powered weapons.



FOR MORE STORIES WATCH:




Like our new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/gleanerjamaica



Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/JamaicaGleaner



onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com