Bartlett says no to JLP Shadow Cabinet appointment
Edmund Bartlett, one of the key supporters of defeated Jamaica Labour Party leadership contender, Audley Shaw, has also said no to an offer to be part of Andrew Holness' new Shadow Cabinet.
Bartlett was listed among the 14-member team of spokespersons as the man with responsibility for foreign affairs and foreign trade.
However, he has since told the media that he has not accepted the post.
Shaw has also declined the post as finance spokesman until two issues are rectified.
SEE: Shaw issues ultimatum, declines Shadow Cabinet post for now
In the previous Shadow Cabinet, Bartlett had responsibility for tourism and Dr Christopher Tufton for foreign affairs and foreign trade.
However, Tufton, who supported Shaw in the leadership race has been dropped from the new Shadow Cabinet while Holness supporter Shahine Robinson has been given the tourism and cruise shipping portfolio.
SEE FULL LIST OF SPOKESPERSONS (as released by the JLP):
1) ANDREW HOLNESS – LEADER OF THE OPPOSITION, EDUCATION, DEVELOPMENT & DEFENCE
2) AUDLEY SHAW - FINANCE & PLANNING
3) DERRICK SMITH - NATIONAL SECURITY
4) DR HORACE CHANG - TRANSPORT, WATER AND INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
5) KARL SAMUDA - INDUSTRY, INVESTMENT, COMMERCE, MINING & ENERGY
6) DR KENNETH BAUGH - HEALTH
7) PEARNEL CHARLES - LABOUR, SOCIAL SECURITY & PUBLIC SERVICE
8) OLIVIA “BABSY” GRANGE - INFORMATION, YOUTH, CULTURE, SPORTS & GENDER AFFAIRS
9) SHAHINE ROBINSON - TOURISM & CRUISE SHIPPING
10) J.C. HUTCHINSON - AGRICULTURE & FISHERIES
11) EDMUND BARTLETT - FOREIGN AFFAIRS & FOREIGN TRADE
12) DESMOND McKENZIE - LOCAL GOVERNMENT, RURAL & URBAN DEVELOPMENT
13) ANDREW WHEATLEY - SCIENCE, ICT, DIGITAL SOCIETY DEVELOPMENT & THE ENVIRONMENT
14) ALEX WILLIAMS - JUSTICE/ JUSTICE SYSTEM REFORM
WATCH: Andrew keeps the crown