Sat | Jun 19, 2021

Poll finds 43 per cent of Americans think Tessanne Chin will win The Voice

Published:Sunday | December 8, 2013 | 12:31 PM

Janet Silvera, Senior Gleaner Writer

MIAMI, Florida:

Reputed celebrity news programme, E News is predicting that Jamaica's Tessanne Chin will win The Voice competition.

This morning, E News released an internal poll stating that 43 per cent of Americans think Chin will outclass the other four contestants who are now left on the show, taking home the coveted the crown.

During an interview with the judges, E News expressed doubts that coach/judge Blake Shelton, who has the record for winning successive episodes, would win again this year.

"Because Team Adam with Tess has a commanding lead... and if we go by the polls, the Jamaican is taking it home with a whopping 43 per cent," said E.

As the news spread throughout the United States, radio personality and philanthropist, Lawman Lynch said he was not surprised, at the E News poll.

"With Americans giving Tessanne a 43 per cent chance of winning, this means the other four competitors have to share 57 per cent among themselves. Tessanne has gone from pursuing her own dreams to championing the hopes and aspirations of an entire nation, the Caribbean and the Diaspora."

He added that he has no doubt Chin will continue to shine in the world of entertainment and make an indelible mark in the global arena.

"There is absolutely no song, I mean NO SONG, she can be given that she's not able to conquer and that is what makes her 'The Voice' for the new era."

The E News hosts said it was sad to see Matthew Schuler, Chin's greatest challenger go home, as they actually saw him as the competition.

Schuler who placed at the bottom of the ladder was sent home last Tuesday.

The Voice, which is aired on NBC Mondays, followed by an elimination show on Tuesdays, now has five contestants left in the competition.

They are: Jacquie Lee, Cole Vosbury, James Wolpert, Will Champlin and the Jamaican great, Tessanne Chin.


Like our new Facebook page:

Gleaner Jamaica

Follow us on Twitter: