Sat | Nov 27, 2021

Lottery scam clampdown operations underway in Manchester

Published:Saturday | January 11, 2014 | 12:43 PM

A series of coordinated operations targeting persons believed to be involved in the deadly lottery scam are now in progress in several communities in Manchester.



At news time the Lottery Scam Taskforce reported that 13 persons had been taken into custody and several items related to the scam seized.



Media relations officer for the Lottery Scam Task Force Special Corporal Kevin Watson says among the items seized are numerous lead sheets with the telephone numbers and other personal information of foreign nationals.



Watson says the operations, which began at 5 o’clock this morning, will continue across the parish this afternoon.



FOR MORE STORIES WATCH:




Like our new Facebook page:

Gleaner Jamaica



Follow us on Twitter:

@JamaicaGleaner



Email: onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com