Thu | Dec 2, 2021

Man linked to latest school sex video 'identified'

Published:Monday | January 27, 2014 | 12:47 PM

Jovan Johnson, Gleaner Writer



Education Minister, Ronald Thwaites, says a man seen in a video, performing sexual acts, with girls from two Clarendon high schools has been identified.




He says the man is the father of a student attending one of the schools.



In an interview on Nationwide News Network this morning, Thwaites said he was not sure if the man has been taken into police custody.



The Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse has reportedly started an investigation into the videos and pictures which emerged last week.



The Education Minister says a disciplinary committee of the ministry will be meeting this week to determine what steps to take.



He says many of the students were lured into performing the acts.



He also explains that the students were among some not allowed into the school after arriving late.



He says this action by schools cannot continue.



He says the recent sex video points to a culture that does not facilitate wholesome human development.



According to him, a social deficit exists in schools that cramps learning and turns out persons unable to attain their own goals or to help to develop the society.



FOR MORE STORIES WATCH:




Like our new Facebook page:

Gleaner Jamaica



Follow us on Twitter:

@JamaicaGleaner



Email: onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com