Three more cops charged with Clarendon murders
Three more policemen from the Area Three Police are before the courts on murder charges.
The Independent Commission of Investigations (INDECOM) had previously announced it had charged Constable Collis ‘Chuckie’ Brown for murder, Conspiracy to Murder and Wounding with Intent as it probed the conduct of police personnel in Area Three.
This afternoon, INDECOM said another three had been charged and taken to court.
They are Constables Carl Bucknor and Jerome Whyte and Detective Corporal Kevin Adams.
Detective Corporal Adams is charged with four murders.
INDECOM alleges that he killed Adif Washington on January 14, 2013; Anthony Trought on February 13, 2012; Andrew Bisson on September 5, 2011; and Sylvester Gallimore on May 5, 2011.
Constable Bucknor has been charged with the murder of Andrew Bisson on September 5, 2011 while Constable Jerome Whyte has been charged with the murder of Anthony Trought on February 13, 2012.
The three policemen appeared in the Half Way Tree Resident Magistrate’s Court on Thursday, March 27, 2014 and were all remanded.
INDECOM says its investigation has led the Commission to suspect that there are other incidents that were first reported as homicides involving civilians and gunmen, but were later found to be police-involved fatalities.
To this end, the Commission is seeking information from the public regarding these incidents.
List of eight incidents resulting in the deaths of nine civilians:
1. Kirk (Last name unknown)– Rectory Road, May Pen, Clarendon - Unknown Date
2. Robert “Gutty” Dawkins, Palmers Cross Main Road, Clarendon - Jan 10, 2009
3. Ricardo Williams – Comfort Road. Clarendon - Dec 6, 2012
4. Odale Planter – Comfort Road, Clarendon - Dec 6, 2012
5. Sydane Nelson – Main Street and Allen Street, May Pen, Clarendon - Jan. 12, 2013.
6. Adif Washington – Milk River Area, May Pen Hospital, Clarendon - January 13, 15, 2013 (Please note: This incident occurred in two parts; Washington was shot in the Milk River area, he was later taken to the May Pen hospital for treatment. While undergoing treatment he was shot by a masked man, and was shortly after pronounced dead.)
7. Damion (Last name unknown) – Jack Monday Bar, Denbigh Crescent, Clarendon - Unknown month, 2013
8. Romario “Broomie” Bryan – Havana Heights Race Track, May Pen, Clarendon - March 10, 2013
9. Tony 'Tony Tuff' Donaldson – Tony Tuff Bar, Four Paths, Clarendon - April 8, 2013
FOR MORE STORIES WATCH: