For the love of cheesecake at 24 Seven Café
For more than five years, the 24 Seven Café has dominated the pastry industry by having the widest selection of cheesecakes on any given day. From rum and raisin to chocolate mocha, many have travelled from far and wide to take a bite of this sumptuous indulgence. “Our cheesecake is always consistent and absolutely beautiful,” said Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Mikhailla Robinson.
24 Seven Café cheesecakes are not your typical, traditional cakes with a simple topping on top. Their chefs go above and beyond in the décor and texture, which makes their cakes visually appealing as well as delicious. “They go into the piping of the icing and the individual garnishing that goes on top of it. They also love to play around with unusual flavours,” Robinson continued.
Robinson highly recommends the blueberry cheesecake; however, according to 24 Seven Café employee Shara Davis, the passion fruit cheesecake is their bestseller. Other flavours offered at the café include strawberry, mocha, chocolate and lychee.
“Cheesecake is the pastry of love. Why not share it with your favourite person this Valentine’s Day?” said pastry ambassador of Jamaica for 2018 Michael Ellis. For more information call 876-926-3690.
Try making your very own passion fruit cheesecake with this recipe, courtesy of 24 Seven Café.
Passion Fruit Cheesecake
Passion fruit topping:
8 oz passion fruit purée
3 oz sugar
2 oz cornstarch
1 tbsp clear vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Place over medium heat, stir until thicken.
3. Removed from heat and allow to cool
3 lb cream cheese
1 lb granulated sugar
7oz heavy cream
2 oz cornstarch
8 ea egg
2 tbsp clear vanilla
3 oz passion fruit puree
1. In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch, mix until sugar and starch incorporate with cheese.
2. Add eggs gradually followed by purée, cream and vanilla.
Graham cracker crust
10 oz graham cracker crumbs
2 oz butter (melted)
2 oz sugar
1. Combine all ingredients, mix until butter and sugar incorporate with graham cracker or until moist, NOT wet.
1. Line bake pan with graham cracker mix.
2. Pour cheese mix on top, then put to bake at 280⁰F for one hour until it feels firm. Remove from oven, allow to cool.
3. Remove cheesecake from pan. Pour passion fruit topping over it, place in the refrigerator to chill.