Fri | Sep 22, 2017

Spanish Embassy to open condolence book at New Kingston location

Published:Friday | August 18, 2017 | 8:07 PM

The government of Spain has declared three days of mourning in the aftermath of 14 people being killed and scores of others injured in two attacks in which people were mowed down in the tourist areas of Las Ramblas, Barcelona and Cambrils yesterday.

A release from the Embassy of Spain in Kingston today said the country observed a minute of silence at midday for the victims of what has been labelled as terrorist attacks.

The Embassy says a Condolence Book will be opened at its location on the 6th Floor of the Courtleigh Corporate Centre, on St Lucia Avenue, in New Kingston, on Monday and Tuesday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.

The Embassy says it is grateful for the expressions of gratitude and support it has received so far.

Spanish police today intensified their manhunt for an unknown number of suspects still on the loose.

They shot and killed five people earlier today who were wearing fake bomb belts as they attacked the seaside resort of Cambrils with a speeding car.

Police also arrested four others believed linked to the Cambrils attack and the carnage yesterday on a famous Barcelona promenade.