Schoolboy in Trinidad shot and killed by bullet meant for father
Loading article...
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC – Police in Trinidad say a 16-year-old boy was shot and killed by a bullet intended for his father that ricocheted and struck him during a gun attack outside their home in La Horquetta on Monday night.
Police said Ezekiel Moore, a student at Malabar Secondary School, was liming with his father at their home when the older man received a phone call and stepped outside while still on the line.
Moments later, two gunmen were reportedly seen on the pavement outside the residence.
The shooting sent residents scrambling for cover, and police said Moore’s father attempted to run back indoors, but the men opened fire in his direction.
During the barrage, one of the bullets reportedly ricocheted and struck the teenager, fatally wounding him.
His father was also hit during the attack and was taken to hospital, where he was treated and later discharged.
Moore’s death has taken the country’s murder toll so far this year to 46, compared to 44 for the same period last year.
Follow The Gleaner on X, formerly Twitter, and Instagram @JamaicaGleaner and on Facebook @GleanerJamaica. Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169 or email us at onlinefeedback@gleanerjm.com or editors@gleanerjm.com.