The police yesterday released the final group of persons detained during the almost week-long operation in west Kingston.
Approximately 700 persons were detained during the operation, but after processing, they were released. However, a handful of men who were wanted for crimes and others the police identified as persons of interest remained in custody.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Charles Scarlett yesterday told The Sunday Gleaner that the final detainees were released at 11 a.m and the centres at the National Arena and Mobile Reserve shut down.
DCP Scarlett also rejected claims that the detainees had been abused and denied basic amenities such as toilets.
He said that several interest groups, including the Red Cross, had been allowed to visit the detention centres and expressed satisfaction with the measures that were in place to deal with the persons detained.