Students hospitalised after inhaling fumes

Published: Saturday | January 26, 2013 Comments 0

TWENTY STUDENTS from Tacky High School in St Mary had to be rushed to a nearby clinic for treatment yesterday after inhaling chemical fumes while in a computer class at the school.

Fifteen of the students were transferred to the St Ann's Bay Hospital where 13 were released and sent home. Two students remained hospitalised for observation and treatment up to press time.

Up to late yesterday evening, a team from Gortech Solution, which was called in by the school's management to investigate the source of the chemical emission, was still conducting its probe.

A release from the Ministry of Education said yesterday that the student body was sent home after the incident.

Meanwhile, school administrators continue to monitor those students who remain in hospital.

Share |

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner.
The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. Please keep comments short and precise. A maximum of 8 sentences should be the target. Longer responses/comments should be sent to "Letters of the Editor" using the feedback form provided.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Top Jobs

View all Jobs

Videos