COVID-19 Tips | Reinforce everyday preventative actions
Parents and caretakers play an important role in teaching children to maintain proper hygiene, including the frequent washing of hands. Explain to them that handwashing can keep them healthy and stop the coronavirus from spreading to others.
• Be a good role model. If you wash your hands often, they’re more likely to do the same.
• Make handwashing a family activity.
Learn more about what you can do to protect children
• Help your child stay active.
• Encourage your child to play outdoors. It’s great for physical and mental health. Take a walk with your child or go on a bike ride.
• Use indoor activity breaks (like stretch breaks or dance breaks) throughout the day to help your child stay healthy and focused.
Help your child stay socially connected
• Reach out to friends and family via phone or video chats.
• Write cards or letters to family members; they may not be able to visit.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention