Delay hits NWC’s roadwork project in Port Antonio
The National Water Commission (NWC) said plans to begin the application of asphaltic concrete as part of the final road reinstatement work for the Port Antonio Water, Sewerage and Drainage Project has been delayed.
It says the work will begin next week instead of over this weekend as was previously announced.
But the NWC says the project is still scheduled for completion by end of February.
The announcement of complete rehabilitation was made at a public meeting hosted by Member of Parliament, Dr Bloomfield on Wednesday.
Preceding the meeting, an extensive tour of the town of Port Antonio was carried out with several stakeholders as well as the Minister of Water, Land, Environment and Climate Change, Robert Pickersgill.
Responding to residents disgruntled because of the delays on the project, Pickersgill said the setbacks on this project resulted from the relocation of a number of telecommunication cables which affected the asphalting, as well as the torrential rains which affected the parish in December.
The project has resulted in the upgrading of 10 kilometres of water mains and installation of eight kilometres of new sanitary sewers and three kilometres of storm water drainage conduits.
PICTURE THIS: Beautiful Hope Gardens
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram:
Watch our videos on YouTube:
Email us: email@example.com