Wardrobe Rehab: Dress Pants
The everyday woman wants to look great with minimum fuss and maximum comfort. One wardrobe staple that should be in every woman's wardrobe is a pair of black dress pants.
Versatile enough to wear to the office and chic enough to take to a girls' night out, black dress pants are essential in building a capsule wardrobe.
In this new series, 'Wardrobe Rehab', we will feature one type of garment and style it many ways, showcasing versatility and how to use items we probably already own. With the help of Maxie Department stores, we will look at eight ways to style a pair of black dress pants.
Here are some pointers when shopping for the perfect pair of dress pants:
• Store-bought pants are not made equally and vary based on manufacturer. Your best bet is to try them on until you find the right brand that works for your body and then stick with that brand.
• Get alterations done to ensure a tailored fit.
• The length of the pants should be altered based on the shoes you plan to wear them with. Therefore, keep pants altered for flats or heels separately.
• Pay attention to the rise (the length of the crotch to the waistband). Women with a larger derriere should look for a higher rise for more coverage and to prevent 'muffin tops'. Pants with short rises can lead to 'camel toe'.
• For a seamless fit, women should get their front pockets stitched down. For women who want the appearance of a bigger rear, invest in pants with back pockets.
Creative director: Natalia Oh; Instagram/Twitter: @imajumaican ï Model: Chevauhni Myers, medical student at the University of the West Indies and Maxie Department Store sales representative ï Clothing, shoes, bags and
accessories: Maxie Department Stores; Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @MaxieStores