10 things you didn't know about Damion Crawford
When you see him, you know you are absolutely set for an impressive feat; one that you simply cannot resist. With a single word and more so his presence, he has the power to steal your attention despite how hard you will struggle. You know Damion Crawford as a cutting-edge thinker, passionate speaker, and charismatic leader. Now, he is one of your Restaurant Week ambassadors and Flair will let you in on 10 things you couldn't guess about him.
1. I can't swim. I bet you did not know you that, but after all, there's nothing wrong with not being able to swim. That is, if you avoid the waters.
2. It is no secret that education is not free, but he never paid a dime. "I went to university totally on scholarship," he said. Crawford is a graduate of the University of the West Indies, where he studied tourism management.
3. If you can say no to a bowl of delicious hominy corn porridge, perfected with coconut milk and spiced with fresh cinnamon, vanilla, and grated nutmeg, Crawford certainly cannot. "I love hominy corn porridge," he said.
4. "I love spending time alone playing computer chess and spider solitaire." A little time alone will not hurt, especially if you are doing something you adore and find irresistible.
5. "I am nervous before every speech," he confessed.
Surely, the countless times you have witnessed him move hearts and crowds everywhere he unleashes his power. You will definitely see his enthusiasm, but you can never tell that before, there was anxiety.
6. The secret to his spectacular performances is the comfort he gets through a song. "My vibes song is I am ... I said by Neil Diamond. I listen to this before every big event," he told Flair. It goes a little like this, " I am ... I said, to no one there and no one heard at all not even the chair. I am ... I cried, I am ... said I and I am lost and I can't even say why."
7. I can hand wash and press very well.
8. "The first time I made a public speech was when I was running for the UWI Guild President in 2004." By his charm and adoring delivery you must have been thinking he has been a public speaker for far longer.
9. I can or could run very fast. At the UWI he won the 100 metres race a few times.
10. But most of all you would not have known "my best friend was murdered in 2003."